I’m joining The Loft link-up, a group of women, seeking to build a community of bloggers who inspire, challenge, and simply share with others in a quest to grow into the women God intended us to be.
This week’s topic: Blogs That Inspire
Wow, did this topic really make me think! Although, I don’t have time to write an official post…okay, I lied…I made the time! This really made me consider what this post might say about me.
- How do I spend my time on the internet?
- Who do I read? And what personalities make me laugh, find joy in this journey, or find inspiration?
- What websites get me frustrated, angry, or sad?
- Which ones build me up in my calling as wife, mom, homeschool teacher, house organizer, etc.?
- And what blogs would I really recommend?
I meander around the internet, gleaning from a variety of blogs. Some are meant to encourage and offer ideas as a home school mom and manager of my home. Others help in my sometimes difficult marriage (or in dealing with my often difficult me!). And still others inspire me to trust God alone for my needs.
But most of all, pondering this question – “What blogs inspire me?” – made me realize my real vision for why I write and for why I read. I write, I read, I communicate, I question, I think, and I pray ALL to grow in my ability to give glory of God.
Therefore, we must be careful in what we read and in what we write.
- We need to lift up one another, not beat each other down.
- We need to lead others to Christ, not to our specific way of following God.
- We need to challenge one another to be the best women, wife, mother, home manager, and more – not look down on anyone for not doing things “just right” or for the same reasons we do them.
My Blog Recommendations
I cautiously list only a few of my favorite blogs. I don’t want anyone to get the idea they are missing out if they don’t read all the “good” ones! Honestly, none are necessary to becoming the women God wants of us, but, the counsel of other women can help us gain new perspective when we’re stuck or down. So, read, and write, and share, trusting God to show you how much time is best spent on the internet. Use caution in what you take in. Put it through the filter of God’s Word. Above all, be blessed!
Time Warp Wife – really good articles on marriage, meat to chew on…
For The Family – really good articles on raising a family for the glory of God, written for both men and women
Club 31 Women – easy to digest help for homemakers, wives, and moms
The Better Mom – Contributors share on growing together as women of God
Enjoy the journey!
Now I ask you, dear lady, not as though I were writing to you a new commandment, but the one which we have had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it. 2 John 1:5-6