I’m glad you’re here! Are you looking for solutions to problems and answers to questions about life as a woman in the noisy world?
You know the noise — it’s in your head, in your home, and online.
- You’re exhausted trying to be everything to everyone. Husbands and children take time!
- You feel confused by what you see on social media and how everyone seems so perfect. The busyness of life and responding to one crisis after another fill all your time. You’re too busy caring for your home and family to try something new.
- Add to that, when you finally choose one thing to focus on, you lack the discipline to stay on course — and you really don’t want to face another failure!
You’re Not Alone!
You’re not alone in your struggle with being all you want to be — especially in a time when anything seems possible and everyone seems to be successful!
I’m pretty sure you’d like some encouragement and maybe a few tools to become that “better” person.
- a loving wife
- a wise mother
- an efficient homemaker
- a caring friend
- most important of all – a faithful servant of God.
I’ve spent much of my adult life on that same quest. And I’ve discovered lots of things that helped me, even more that didn’t, along with some surprising truths. Let me help you sift through the noise to discover your place above it!
I believe when you realize your unique value before God, you unleash the confidence to bring love, joy, and order to your home and family.
You’ll learn to trust yourself as you navigate the often confusing choices of being a wife, mom, and homemaker.
Here’s what readers have to say about our Living Above the Noise community:
“This is so good! “Ask God to show you…trust the answer. Drop the reigns. Move into a place of rest!” This is a much-needed reminder. Thank you! “ ❤️ – Lara
“After setting out on my mission yesterday with renewed hope and ambition, I quickly realized success will not happen on my own strength and wisdom! I had a thought falling asleep last night thinking about your sweet words. My mission this year is not only to live above my noise but to live to make my world as full of love and peace and joy as I possibly can with God’s help! Thank you for always encouraging me!” ❤️ – Katelynne
“Boy, did I need to see this today. After 35 years of “toughing it out” I’m ready to throw in the towel. Just so tired. Thanks for a better perspective!” ❤️ – Pat
- Imagine ending the confusion and overwhelm you feel when you start your day and replacing it with peace, knowing what works best for you. Then using that to create routines that work for you and bring order to your family.
- Imagine feeling confident with how you want your home to look and how you want it to meet your family’s needs instead of wondering if you’ll ever have a home like your friends on social media do.
- Imagine being able to have fun with your family without wondering if it’s enough.
- Imagine feeling like this reader — “Thriving right where God has planted me!” – Krystal
When you join our little online community, you’ll be encouraged to Live Above the Noise. You’ll find tools to help you discover your unique value before God.
Hi, I’m Terry!
I’m a Christian, wife of 40 years, mom of ten, homeschool teacher of 29 years, and amazing to me, majorly in the “grandmomma” category.
When I began my life as a wife and mom, I had the crazy idea that with enough knowledge and work, my family would “arrive.” We’d have a perfect marriage and the happiest family. But when things didn’t look as pretty as expected, I got frustrated and angry — at myself, my husband, and my kids. Little did I know I had a perfectionist lurking inside me!
I tried to control my life and family by reading everything I could get my hands on, watching what other moms were doing, and working my tail off trying to make it all work. I’d try something new, but usually, the “old me” slithered back in.
Fortunately, God was gently showing me that all my work, and those trials and errors, were pointing somewhere else. I began to listen to Him. Really listen. I began to surrender my control, bit by stubborn bit. I learned to ignore the noise around me and focus on who God designed me to be. I needed to trust His process to see what He was doing in our family. I realized I was worshipping the end result instead of the God who gave me my life and family!
By accepting God’s unique design for me and my family, I overcame my fear of making mistakes in raising my kids or not having the perfect marriage. With my newfound confidence, I could choose what ideas were best for our family without fear of failure. This brought us more growth and more joy.
I want to help you enjoy the process of raising your family without the stress and fretting that you aren’t doing or being enough. You really can find the freedom to enjoy and love your family well!
Living above the noise is a necessity
if you want to have sanity in this crazy world!
“Somewhere in the midst of it all, you taught me how to love my family! Even now continuing to encourage and equip me in my journey! So grateful for you!” – Katelynne
Life’s busy — there’s oh, so much to learn. Please join me in this challenging, crazy, but joy-filled adventure called Life!
What’s your biggest struggle with living above the noise? I’d love to help! The best way to keep in touch is to subscribe above but you can contact me here or email email@example.com!
> To read blog posts, head back to the blog here!