I’m Terry, a Christian, wife of 38 years, mom of ten, homeschool teacher, and amazing to me, majorly in the “grandmomma” category!
My first blog was named “A Mom’s Many Lessons” as a tribute to all the lessons God had given me over the years.
As I moved into the next phase of life, that of being “grandmomma,” I realized my lessons weren’t just those of being a mother. They encompass so many other areas and roles in my life. My tagline was “Living above the noise and for the glory of God” so I decided to use the most important lesson — that of discovering
My quest in life is to live “for the glory of God” which necessitates “living above all the noise” is this crazy world.
If you’re anything like me, you struggle with being all you want to be –
- a good wife
- a wise mother
- a great teacher
- an efficient homemaker
- a close friend
- a smart business person
- most important of all – an obedient servant of God.
My guess is, you’re probably looking for answers and tools to become that “better” person. I’ve spent much of my adult life on that same quest. I’ve discovered so much to help me in that quest, along with some surprising truths. These are what fill the pages of this blog.
Yet, the main lesson of my life has been realizing this one thing — all my work was void when it came to true success by God’s standards. It is only through Christ in me that I can truly reach the potential God has planned for me.
Throughout my search, God brought me many mentors, authors, and most importantly, life’s lessons. I’m finally in a place where I realize…
I was relying on all that work and effort to gain my identity as a woman, yet missing my true identity in Christ.
Without God and His love, I’d still be struggling.
As I wade through life’s lessons, God shows me His grace. All my work is in vain if I don’t find my identity in Christ – if I don’t seek His face daily – if I don’t rely on the Holy Spirit’s power in my life. It’s in this small space where I hope to share God’s amazing lessons with you!
Who Am I?
You came to this page to find out who I am. First I’ll tell you what I am not!
- I am not a born organizer. I think that’s why God gave me ten children – to force me to become organized!
- I am not a morning person! You won’t find me telling you to wake earlier. It might be great advice, but I won’t advise something I won’t do. ;)
- I’m not a perfect wife in a perfect marriage! We’re trying, but our marriage didn’t begin as a fairytale.
Now for what I am.
- I am passionate about growing into the woman God created me to be and in helping others who desire the same.
- I love building relationships with my children and now my grandchildren. I love watching them grow and develop into unique individuals!
- I love reading good books.
- I love writing – painting pictures with words.
- And I’m always up for a new project or skill to learn. Our family is filled with entrepreneurs and we encourage anyone to be bold and get creative with the talents they’ve been given!
I’m also a ‘mom-of-many’ as some call it. That sounds unusual now that more than half of my ten children are out of the house. Being a mom-of-many doesn’t place a medal of honor on my shoulder. It wasn’t a “label” I sought to attain or thought of as more godly; I just loved having babies and little people around! It seems a long time ago that we were the family that everyone stared at as we entered a building – all twelve of us! Those memories and the lessons that came with them, add to these pages.
I’ve been married 38 years, have almost six married children and 15 grandchildren. My oldest is 37 and, oh my, does that make me wonder where the years have gone! My youngest is 16 – a busy guy growing into a man before my eyes and such a joy in the midst of feeling my age and being Grandmomma! We’re in our 28th year of home educating and still constantly learning along the way.
Life’s busy — there’s oh so much to learn. So please join me in this challenging, crazy, but joy-filled adventure called Life!
I hope you’ll visit often to share this journey in “Living Above the Noise” and for the glory of God. My goal is that my posts will inspire or encourage you as you seek God with all your heart and gain the strength to be all God intends you to be!
Please write me with any questions, thoughts, or topics you’d like to see covered: firstname.lastname@example.org!