I’m glad you’re here— and I’m guessing you’re a bit like me and looking for solutions to problems and answers to questions you have about life as a woman in this crazy busy era!
Do you struggle with being all you want to be?
- a good wife
- a wise mother
- a great teacher
- an efficient homemaker
- a close friend
- a smart business person
- most important of all – an obedient servant of God.
You want answers and tools to become that “better” person. I’ve spent much of my adult life on that same quest. I’ve discovered so much to help me in that quest, along with some surprising truths. These are what fill the pages of this blog.
Who Am I?
The facts: I’m Terry, a Christian, wife of 38 years, mom of ten, homeschool teacher of 28 years, and amazing to me, majorly in the “grandmomma” category!
The heart: First I’ll tell you what I am not!
- I am not a born organizer. I think that’s why God gave me ten children – to force me to become organized!
- I am not a morning person! You won’t find me telling you to wake earlier. It might be great advice, but I won’t advise something I won’t do. ;)
- I’m not a perfect wife in a perfect marriage! We’re trying, but our marriage didn’t begin as a fairytale.
Now for what I am.
- I am passionate about growing into the woman God created me to be and in helping others who desire the same.
- I love building relationships with my children and now my grandchildren. I love watching them grow and develop into thinking, unique individuals!
- I love reading good books.
- I love writing – painting pictures with words.
- And I’m always up for a new project or skill to learn. Our family is filled with entrepreneurs and we encourage anyone to be bold and get creative with the talents they’ve been given!
My first blog, A Mom’s Many Lessons, was created in 2012 as a tribute to all the lessons God had given me over the years. As I moved into the next phase of life, being “grandmomma,” I realized my lessons were no longer just those of being a mother. They encompass so many other areas and roles in my life. My blog tagline was “Living above the noise and for the glory of God” so I decided to use an important truth God showed me —
That “living above all the noise” is a necessity if we are to live “for the glory of God” in this crazy world!
Along with that came the most freeing realization — that all my work was void when it came to true success by God’s standards. It is only through Christ in me that I can truly reach the potential God has planned for me.
Throughout my search, God brought me many mentors, authors, and most importantly, life’s lessons. Now I see how much I was relying on all that work and effort to gain my identity as a woman, yet missing my true identity in Christ. Without God and His love, I’d still be struggling. This is true freedom!
As I wade through life’s lessons, God shows me His grace. All my work is in vain if I rely on myself—if I don’t find my identity in Christ – if I don’t seek His face daily – if I don’t rely on the Holy Spirit’s power in my life. It’s in this small space where I hope to share some amazing lessons and tools with you!
Life’s busy — there’s oh so much to learn. Please join me in this challenging, crazy, but joy-filled adventure called Life!
I hope you’ll visit often to share this journey in “Living Above the Noise” and for the glory of God. My goal is that my posts will inspire and encourage you as you seek God with all your heart and gain the strength to be all He intends you to be!
Feel free to write me with any questions, thoughts, or topics you’d like to see covered: email@example.com!