Show Your Kids They’re Valued — Have Fun With Them!
If you prefer to read, here’s the podcast in blog post form! ⤵️
This episode will remind you of something truly special – the power of play in strengthening your family bond.
In a world filled with noise and distractions, we have the incredible opportunity to rise above it and create a loving and intentional family life.
Whether your children are young or grown, playing together as a family creates lasting memories and strengthens your relationships.
I still experience the joy of playing with my kids and grandkids — from volleyball and wake surfing to dancing and building forts. These activities not only bring us closer together — but help us discover new talents and interests.
And who knows, your child’s love for play today could turn into a lifelong passion or even a career tomorrow!
Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You might be surprised by the blessings that come from it.
Remember, as you raise your children, you’re goal is to instill godliness and also teach them the art of being human together. You’re building character, values, and morals, while also enjoying laughter, fun, and play.
Proverbs 22:6 reminds us to train up a child in the way they should go, and I believe that includes nurturing their joy and creativity.
Let’s embrace the power of play and create a legacy of love, laughter, and togetherness.
Time to Think:
- I encourage you to take some time to reflect on your own upbringing and the things you loved or wished had been different.
- Think about the interests and passions of your children and explore new activities together.
- Create a bucket list of experiences you want to share with your family. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
- Explore hobbies, sports, and activities that challenge and excite you.
- Embrace the freedom of living above the noise and trust in God’s guidance.
Words to Remember:
- Prioritize family time and create lasting memories with your children.
- Engage in activities that bring the family together and foster joy.
- Be present and involved in your children’s lives, showing them they are valued and loved.- Investing in your relationships with your children has a lasting impact on their future and the culture at large.
- If they ask you to do something with them, do it
- You’re telling them is that they are important to you, their ideas are valid and they as a person are valued.
- The ethics and values and faith you instill in your kids will reap future rewards in their families, their communities, and their culture.
- There’s no gain without risk.
- Stay the course and teach your kids to do the same.
Bible Verses Cited:
As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. – Psalm 103:13
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. – Colossians 3:20–21
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. – Proverbs 22:6
Find Living Above the Noise Podcasts here: