Gain Clarity For A Better Tomorrow
If you prefer to read, here’s the podcast in blog post form! ⤵️
Today we’ll be talking about choices — how you can gain clarity when it comes to the decisions you have to make.
Studies suggest we make about 35,000 decisions each day.
You can make peace with your options and have a clear picture of your goals. Gain a solid sense of God’s love and care for you as you seek His will in and among all the noise.
This episode will:
- Cause you to think about the possibilities in your life – some you might need to say no to…and maybe some exciting ones.
- Give you permission to make a choice you’ve been putting off.
- Help you realize your responsibility for the outcome.
- Remind you of God’s grace – and how to take a bit more thought and prayer next time!
Every choice is going to have rewards or consequences — like ripples that fan out to your future and your kids and their kids.
As a Christian, you have two important factors to keep in mind when you’re making choices.
1. You ultimately can trust God. You don’t have to fret and worry about your decisions – you can trust God with our future.
2. When you know what you believe – what you believe in – what you believe about God, you are more free to make the choices you believe in!
Psalm 37:4 says to “Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.”
Delight in God’s goodness – and the desires of your heart will line up with His desires — which keeps your choices in line, too!
Trusting God helps you stand against your temptation to covet, worry, or complain.
Your choices set you apart as a kingdom woman.
The ingredients for wise decision making:
- Trusting God
- Knowing what you believe
What choices will you make to spend it preparing for a better tomorrow – a better future?
Time to Think:
Take a few minutes to ask these questions about the choices you’ve made recently or ones that stand out from different seasons in your life.
- Do your choices reflect your trust in God?
- Are the choices glorifying God?
- Do they reflect what you believe? Or might you be doing them for another reason?
- Are they pleasing you or pleasing others?
- Are they advancing the kingdom?
- Are you making a difference in your community?
Words to Remember:
- Every choice is going to have rewards or consequences and repercussion – like ripples that fan out to your future and your kids and their kids.
- Delight in God’s goodness – and when you do that – the desires of your heart will line up with His desires – which helps keep your choices in line, too!
- “Nothing is permanent.”
- “Do not doubt in darkness what God revealed to you in the light.“ Joni Erickson Tada
- “In your personal life as a kingdom woman, it is essential to note that in the good things of life, you should try not to lose the important things.“ Tony Evans in Kingdom Woman
- Your choices set you apart as a kingdom woman.
Bible Verses Cited:
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34
- “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.” 1 John 2:16
- “Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
Definitions (Oxford dictionary):
Consequences [a result or effect of an action or condition.- ramification, outcome,, conclusion…] of those choices.
Sensible – (of a course of action) chosen in accordance with wisdom or prudence; likely to be of benefit. — (of an object) practical and functional rather than decorative. (** We saw that in 1 Timothy 2:9 in the last episode.)
Pure – not mixed or adulterated with any other substance or material. – without any extraneous and unnecessary elements. – free of any contamination. (Add in **- as Christians we know these are the things of the world or our flesh – God tells us over and over in the Bible how we’re to not mix with ungodliness)
Find Living Above the Noise Podcasts here:
You Can Help Me!
With your help, with your ideas, thoughts, and questions, I think we can make this a place to grow and live above that noise!
Help me create relevant content and get the message out:
— Follow the Living Above the Noise podcast wherever you listen in — and please share it with friends and leave a review to help others find me!
— Connect with me on Instagram or Facebook
— Sign Up for my bimonthly newsletter to get extra encouragement, ideas, and resources.
— Book a Discovery Call for Mom Mentoring or Life Coaching
— Check out my website here!
Let’s take back Family Life for the glory of God!